My Sabres Game Experience

Corp000085

Pre Game:

After donning our sabres gear, my wife and i took off around 12:45 to blincos. We got there and sat in the non-smoking section. Saw an a$$ load of sabres fans at the bar, but i've got a bad cold, so i didn't want to sit in smoke. Had a beef on weck after carefully deciding to pass on their version of a garbage plate. Drove to the arena and got there at 3. Our seats were directly in front of what would have been the harbour club at the HSBC (the hsbc and the rbc center are pretty much identical in seat layout). The difference was that there were only 4 rows, with ours being the first. Each seat had a highback swivelling leather chair and a tv screen built into a table. Our tickets came with 2 free drinks and a free sandwich. I got to have my blue draft beer.

Game:

This was one awesome hockey game. The sabres sorta sucked through most of it, but they put on a very good game considering it was played 20 hours after the last one ended. Miller was completely dominating. The canes fan to my left kept talking to me about how badly USA hockey screwed up for not picking him. The fan to my right had a blue and gold sabres towel that she draped over the edge, which covered the light up advertizing ring. She was told to remove it, but it was up for the 1st period, so if anyone saw that, this is where i was sitting. Behind me was a nice older sabres fan and his wife in a bills shirt. We talked about hte sabres and then she mentioned they were members of the bills backers tampa. Then we talked shop on the bills for a good portion of the pre game skate. Turns out the guy played for the bills during the late 60's. I didn't get a name or autograph. However, he did have on his alumni ring and the alumni pendant with the number 85 or 95. I've looked through the 95's, but i'm too tired to bother with the 85s tonight. I should have taken the guy's picture

post game:

Getting out of that arena was a breeze. I highly recommend that if these two teams meet in the playoffs, and you have some coin to spare, to fly to raleigh to see an away game. It was awesome!

As for the point, i'll take it. They didn't really play hard enough to win, so its all good. miller was so good he had the canes fans cheering for him by the end.

Here's a link to my webshots gallery of the game pictures. They're as good as it gets for me. I'm a crappy photographer. BTW, the guy is me and the girl is my wife.

http://community.webshots.com/album/547524085BjAptb

It was very loud in that building. I'd say that the only thing i was dissapointed in was the sound system. It was way undersized and underpowered for the arena. HSBC has a much nicer sound system. The rbc sound system was just as loud, but becasue the speakers sucked, it was painful. That crowd was extra jacked up though. They did an olympic send off, plus it was decent outside so there was a lot of pre-game drinkin going on. We'll bring the noise to the hsbc when we have to!

You want to hear noise, go to an NC State football game. I went two years ago to Ohio State at NC State, and it was the loudest I ever heard a stadium, and that's saying something, because I've been to a lot of stadiums. I thought my eardrums would burst at any moment. Good looking NC chicks, too.

You want to hear noise, go to an NC State football game. I went two years ago to Ohio State at NC State, and it was the loudest I ever heard a stadium, and that's saying something, because I've been to a lot of stadiums. I thought my eardrums would burst at any moment. Good looking NC chicks, too.

I'm going to have to go to an nc state football game. That complex is something else...

Archived