The Rangers Are Better Than The Sabres?

bob_sauve28

That guy's whole system is based on star power ... the Sabres winning despite injury means nothing to him, in mailbags I have seen him say multiple times that it is all about having "difference makers" and the Sabres have fewer with Briere, Connolly, etc. injured. He ignores the fact that they win without them. He's also big on goal-differential, so a 4-1 win to him is better than a 3-2 win.

But whatever, it's his opinion ... the Sabres and Rangers are both very good right now, you're splitting hairs either way you go.

Even fans have to take their blinders off once in a while and acknowledge that other teams are just as good or better. You can make a case for the Rangers being ranked above the Sabres. Again, I don't really care about these things, but I do find it curious that Ottawa is still ranked at the top. I think the Sens are living off their reputation and fast start. Since the New Year, they are just 10-8-2. The Sabres? 10-4-2.

I don't see the problem.

Yes the Sabres are playing well but that shouldn't blind anyone to what other teams are doing.

Jagr right now is playing a complete game. He has 88 points and is a +24. He may have had his problems in the past but this season he is playing like a superstar. Thay also have a young goalie Lundqvist, which is their version of Ryan Miller with slightly better stats.

The Rangers, along with the Sens and Devils are the only three teams in the East I would like to avoid like the plague come playoff time. My hope is that two of the three match up somehow in round one.

Ya, Rangers are good, but the Sabres just dominated them the last time they played. Sure, score didn't indicate that, but Sabres didn't give up many scoring chances at all. I have to say, I feel the Sabres can handle any of the teams in the league right now. And when Connely and Brier return, a serious run at the cup is realistic. Gonna be interesting to watch them play in Carolina tonight

Ya, Rangers are good, but the Sabres just dominated them the last time they played. Sure, score didn't indicate that, but Sabres didn't give up many scoring chances at all.

Yeah and Montreal dominated the Sabres for a good part of two games earlier this week ...

I agree the sabres CAN handle anyone, but all that does it put them in the mix with 8 others who CAN play with anyone if they play their best. Don't get hung up on this stuff, like I said before, you are splitting hairs between fifth best and seventh best. Both teams are very good.

Don't get hung up on this stuff, like I said before, you are splitting hairs between fifth best and seventh best. Both teams are very good.

<<<<<<<<<<

Don't you get hung up on me disagreeing with some moron's ratings. I just think he is wrong. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. He was splitting hairs, and I thought they should be split another way, that's all.

The Rangers, along with the Sens and Devils are the only three teams in the East I would like to avoid like the plague come playoff time. My hope is that two of the three match up somehow in round one.

I, on the other hand, would like to see the Rangers. Our only loss to them was in OT when Biron came in cold for the SO. I think the Sabres match up very well against the Rangers. Jagr could turn into a monster, but other than that, I think should be able to beat the Rangers.

I, on the other hand, would like to see the Rangers. Our only loss to them was in OT when Biron came in cold for the SO. I think the Sabres match up very well against the Rangers. Jagr could turn into a monster, but other than that, I think should be able to beat the Rangers. <<<<<<<<<<<

I'd welcome the Rangers and Flyers. I think Sabres can handle those teams. The Devils might be a spoiler. They have spped, good goltending and experience.

I, on the other hand, would like to see the Rangers. Our only loss to them was in OT when Biron came in cold for the SO. I think the Sabres match up very well against the Rangers. Jagr could turn into a monster, but other than that, I think should be able to beat the Rangers. <<<<<<<<<<<

I'd welcome the Rangers and Flyers. I think Sabres can handle those teams. The Devils might be a spoiler. They have spped, good goltending and experience.

Bob, hit the red quote button when you want to show a comment you are replying to. Not ragging on you... just taking the newbie under my wing. Stick with me kid. And don't listen to DeLuca.

Don't get hung up on this stuff, like I said before, you are splitting hairs between fifth best and seventh best. Both teams are very good.

<<<<<<<<<<

Don't you get hung up on me disagreeing with some moron's ratings. I just think he is wrong. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. He was splitting hairs, and I thought they should be split another way, that's all.

Even though I liked Donnie Edwards better, I agree with you...........WHo care's about these stupid ranking articles, they only matter in college football...........We need to get to the playoffs healthy, we have fewer guys going to the Olympics and this will help us in the stretch run.........Getting healthy and ready for the playoffs matter more...........Perhaps adding another strong defenceman will be the last horse we need............GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!.............Plus being the underdog is always a good thing............Darkhorse BABY!!!!!!!!!!

Hasn't the TSN writer stated that his criterion is which team would win 4 games in a 7 game series? Haven't the Sabres taken four from the Rangers this year? (Not that this necessarily matters; I remember one season where the Flyers swept Buffalo only to be dismissed from the playoffs with an 8-0 loss....)

Even though I liked Donnie Edwards better, I agree with you...........WHo care's about these stupid ranking articles, they only matter in college football...........We need to get to the playoffs healthy, we have fewer guys going to the Olympics and this will help us in the stretch run.........Getting healthy and ready for the playoffs matter more...........Perhaps adding another strong defenceman will be the last horse we need............GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!.............Plus being the underdog is always a good thing............Darkhorse BABY!!!!!!!!!!

Don Edwards? He sucked! If Sauve had played the whole series against the Islanders in 1980 we would have won that one. Sauve played the last three games won two of them, one with a shut out. Edwards lost the first three. And who can forget Sauve getting the back to back shut outs in the playoffs in Montreal? Great stuff!

Bob, hit the red quote button when you want to show a comment you are replying to. Not ragging on you... just taking the newbie under my wing. Stick with me kid. And don't listen to DeLuca.

Hey PA good to see Ya. ;)

Is the 'M seeking M' chat room full? Must be I don't see any TK posts :lol:

Hasn't the TSN writer stated that his criterion is which team would win 4 games in a 7 game series? Haven't the Sabres taken four from the Rangers this year? (Not that this necessarily matters; I remember one season where the Flyers swept Buffalo only to be dismissed from the playoffs with an 8-0 loss....)

The Sabres has taken 2 of 3, and lost the third in OT. I think the Sabres have controlled all 3 games though. I would feel comfortable playing the Rangers in the first round.

Alright I will give you my 2 cents. (I wasn't planning on it because who really cares about TSN power poll)

It does feel nice to see the sabres ranked high up or to read articles about how great they are but when it comes down to it who cares. It is only one man's opinion.

As for a head to head comparison.....that really isn't a comparison you can use when you are rating teams in an overall ranking. If you compare, Florida is up on us 3-1 and does that make them a better team? So why would us beating the rangers make us gain any more points with the TSN power rankings?

It is just one man's believe that the rangers have a stronger team and head to head or overall record is not as important in his poll as how he feels how good the teams are.

Alright I will give you my 2 cents. (I wasn't planning on it because who really cares about TSN power poll)

It does feel nice to see the sabres ranked high up or to read articles about how great they are but when it comes down to it who cares. It is only one man's opinion.

As for a head to head comparison.....that really isn't a comparison you can use when you are rating teams in an overall ranking. If you compare, Florida is up on us 3-1 and does that make them a better team? So why would us beating the rangers make us gain any more points with the TSN power rankings?

It is just one man's believe that the rangers have a stronger team and head to head or overall record is not as important in his poll as how he feels how good the teams are.

I think everyone gets bent out of shape because his rankings are supposed to be a prediction of who would win in a best of 7 series. So it's frustrating to see us ranked below a team that we have 5 out of 6 points against when we really have outplayed most of the games.

Deluca

Why are you looking buddy?? And how do you know about the M seeking M chats???

:lol:

Let's face it that picture you have for your name doesn't seem like a manly thing

:o

It's where we met :lol: Remember? You wanted to dress like Don Cherry and you wanted me to dress like a European?

And what? You don't like the 'SuperStar'? ;)

Oh well. Here comes more sleepless nights.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived