Is Joe Thornton looking to leave Boston?

if he is, I say use the money from Satan and zhitnik and get this guy signed...no matter the price

If they sign Modano, Thornton will go elsewhere, but I believe Boston owns his rights.

Either way, forget about the Sabres ever going after him. It won't happen.

Not a chance he winds up here, or any forward for that matter...we'll sign 1-2 blueliners before training camp, and if the kids don't step up, maybe trade for a scoring forward this winter...

With Aucoin, Foote, Hatcher, Rathje and Zubov all off the market (and overpaid), there's no chance we'll get a Gonchar or Hamrlik. I'd love to see Rafalski or Skoula in Buffalo, but I'm guessing Darcy will continue to make Buffalo the Southern tip of Quebec (Biron, Briere, Dumont, etc.) and add Brisbois, who can play the point, and Baby Biron, who can hit like Warrener...they'll both come cheap

Guest Guest
Not a chance he winds up here, or any forward for that matter...we'll sign 1-2 blueliners before training camp, and if the kids don't step up, maybe trade for a scoring forward this winter...

With Aucoin, Foote, Hatcher, Rathje and Zubov all off the market (and overpaid), there's no chance we'll get a Gonchar or Hamrlik. I'd love to see Rafalski or Skoula in Buffalo, but I'm guessing Darcy will continue to make Buffalo the Southern tip of Quebec (Biron, Briere, Dumont, etc.) and add Brisbois, who can play the point, and Baby Biron, who can hit like Warrener...they'll both come cheap

Mathieu Biron hits nothing like Warrener and is oft maligned for his inability to be physical despite his huge size.

And Brisbois is nicknamed Breezeby because of his inefficiency at the point.

Sign those two...and I will cry for three days, take a break, and cry for three more.

Personally, I wouldn't want either one -- I'm just trying to realistically predict what'll happen -- as Sabes fans, we need to set the free agency bar low, and MAYBE we'll be pleasantly surprised. The days are long gone that we can expect top flight signings -- even in the new NHL, we need to be the Oakland A's or Minnesota Twins of hockey, and draft, develop and/or trade for talent. It sucks, but teams can do it if they scout well and make shrewd moves...sure as hell beats watching the Hamilton/Winnipeg/Portland Sabres...

If they sign Modano, Thornton will go elsewhere, but I believe Boston owns his rights.

Either way, forget about the Sabres ever going after him. It won't happen.

i have to agree with that... the words 'sabres' and 'big name players' haven't been seen in the same sentance since 2001 and even then it was slowly deteriorating... i don't think its going to happen either... regier is too timid to sign someone like that.

Archived