The Hockey News

hopeleslyobvious

Thought everyone might find this quote interesting...

"Doug Weight to Carolina shows you what rumors are worth. All anyone heard was Weight to Ottawa, Weight to Calgary, Weight to someplace the media wanted him to be," Senior Writer Mark Bender (The Hockey News Volume 59 No. 21, February 14, 2006 p. 14). So is he just saying what we all already know (don't trust trade rumors), or is he calling the press liars? Discuss.

Thought everyone might find this quote interesting...

"Doug Weight to Carolina shows you what rumors are worth.  All anyone heard was Weight to Ottawa, Weight to Calgary, Weight to someplace the media wanted him to be," Senior Writer Mark Bender (The Hockey News Volume 59 No. 21, February 14, 2006 p. 14).  So is he just saying what we all already know (don't trust trade rumors), or is he calling the press liars?  Discuss.

Mark Brender is the closest thing to Jerry Sullivan that THN has (as far as annoyingness is concerned, this is not a comment on his consistancy and/or accuracy). Most of his columns are fixated on the salary cap and how the players should be getting a bigger chunk of the pie.

What is he trying to say with his opening paragraph? I have no clue as the rest of the article puts forth a premise that smart small market teams will increase their player payrolls before the trade deadline to keep large market teams from getting top players on the cheap. Or to put it another way: small market teams with playoff dreams - spend more money.

Mark Brender is the closest thing to Jerry Sullivan that THN has (as far as annoyingness is concerned, this is not a comment on his consistancy and/or accuracy). Most of his columns are fixated on the salary cap and how the players should be getting a bigger chunk of the pie.

What is he trying to say with his opening paragraph? I have no clue as the rest of the article puts forth a premise that smart small market teams will increase their player payrolls before the trade deadline to keep large market teams from getting top players on the cheap. Or to put it another way: small market teams with playoff dreams - spend more money.

I was actually looking at it a different way. Think debates that have gone on in other threads as to the accuracy of trade rumors from the media. :)

here stick this in your pipe and smoke it!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogworld/Archiv...ger=1&post=1157

Now listen closely moron because i don't wat to keep doing this. That is a link to a rumor of Doug going to Carolina. In which you state nobody talked about. Proving you wrong for that point.

Second....please get this threw your thick scull. Media does not make up Rumors without a credible source. Usually from within an NHL organization. How do I explain this to you so you can understand itis not the media.

Okay maybe you will understand this. Okay here is how a rumor starts for example. When Darcy signed teppo to a contract he contacted teppo's Agent. Do you follow????

Now Teppo's agent is also Khabibulin's agent. Do you understand? now when Reiger contacted the agent he asked him what Khabibulin was asking for. Bingo reported by the press Reiger was looking at Khabibulin. And if you think that rumor was a joke you are completely wrong and quite stupid.

See although Buffalo had no chance at signing the Goalie he still inquired about him and maybe if the price was right something might of happened. That is reported and for someone who has a small brain like you can't seem to understand when you read "Buffalo looking at Khabibulin" why the media would report such a thing.

IF KHABIBULIN was in buffalo's price range he may have been signed and that is the difference usually between a rumor and transaction...The Price!

If you want the links to "Buffalo looking at Khabibulin"

and the link to where Reiger states he did ask about the player.

you are more then welcome. I am sorry if you don't like me and I offend you but you seem to be an alright guy just not to bright.

As for your buddy Mark Bender and his opinion well some people say the holocaust never happened does that mean they are right? ;)

And if you want the link to where Muckler was very interested in weight and did inquire about weight but the price was just to high because Carolina was willing to pay more then i can get you that. Thus proving the media doesn't make up where they want the player to go. Do you understand Chuck or have you been kicked in the head one to many times. 9 times out of 10 the media reports what is released officially or unofficially from the team.

Now listen closely moron ...

please get this threw your thick scull...

Okay maybe you will understand this...

Do you follow????

Do you understand?

You are completely wrong and quite stupid.

you but you seem to be an alright guy just not to bright.

See Todd, THIS is why no one likes you. When you preface every sentence with crap like this, how can you expect people to just take it? And don't tell me someone else started it, because I have seen you jump into threads where no one has said a word about you and start off with 'Do I have to explain everything to you people?'

I love to argue as much as anyone, but make your point and move on.

Hey tough Dave_b.....that is the persona I have choosen to take on here. I find it entertaining and people probably come on here because they don't like me but want to see the crap that i say.

So really I do have a life outside of this messageboard. Really how fun would it be if we all just got along??

Todd, the link you gave earlier basically was reporting the trade the day as it actually went down....after Weight waived his no-trade which everyone knew at the time. Its dated 1-30... according to ESPN.com, the trade went down a few hrs later. So, thats hardly a hockey rumor.

Hey tough Dave_b.....that is the persona I have choosen to take on here. I find it entertaining and people probably come on here because they don't like me but want to see the crap that i say.

So really I do have a life outside of this messageboard. Really how fun would it be if we all just got along??

Unless one of us is the living embodiment of Tron, I don't know what you are talking about.

Todd, the link you gave earlier basically was reporting the trade the day as it actually went down....after Weight waived his no-trade which everyone knew at the time. Its dated 1-30... according to ESPN.com, the trade went down a few hrs later. So, thats hardly a hockey rumor.

And its a link to Eklund. He likes to edit earlier postings after a deal goes down so that it looks like he broke the news.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blogworld/Archiv...ger=1&post=1157

Now listen closely moron because i don't wat to keep doing this. That is a link to a rumor of Doug going to Carolina. In which you state nobody talked about. Proving you wrong for that point.

Second....please get this threw your thick scull. Media does not make up Rumors without a credible source. Usually from within an NHL organization. How do I explain this to you so you can understand itis not the media.

Okay maybe you will understand this. Okay here is how a rumor starts for example. When Darcy signed teppo to a contract he contacted teppo's Agent. Do you follow????

Now Teppo's agent is also Khabibulin's agent. Do you understand? now when Reiger contacted the agent he asked him what Khabibulin was asking for. Bingo reported by the press Reiger was looking at Khabibulin. And if you think that rumor was a joke you are completely wrong and quite stupid.

See although Buffalo had no chance at signing the Goalie he still inquired about him and maybe if the price was right something might of happened. That is reported and for someone who has a small brain like you can't seem to understand when you read "Buffalo looking at Khabibulin" why the media would report such a thing.

IF KHABIBULIN was in buffalo's price range he may have been signed and that is the difference usually between a rumor and transaction...The Price!

If you want the links to "Buffalo looking at Khabibulin"

and the link to where Reiger states he did ask about the player.

you are more then welcome. I am sorry if you don't like me and I offend you but you seem to be an alright guy just not to bright.

As for your buddy Mark Bender and his opinion well some people say the holocaust never happened does that mean they are right? ;)

I find it quite funny that someone who has difficulty spelling and putting together complete sentences is questioning my intelligence.

Hey tough Dave_b.....that is the persona I have choosen to take on here.  I find it entertaining and people probably come on here because they don't like me but want to see the crap that i say.

So really I do have a life outside of this messageboard.  Really how fun would it be if we all just got along??

Todd,

That's great, I'm very happy for you. :unsure: It brings up one question though. What are you talking about? :blink:

Archived