I cannot see the NHL cancelling the season

Swedesessed

I just think it would be way too damaging to a sport already in a crisis based on its TV deal and popularity, especially in the United States. Something tells me that the owners will cave a tad and give in and there will be a season.

Anyone feel the same way?

Barry Melrose was optimistic during the 2nd intermission of the WJH tourney when USA lost to Russia. He thinks something can get done in 2 weeks. The flip side to that is that The Great One is looking at this as a two year wait from a article in todays sports.

I just hope something can be done to salvage the season and the great sport of ice hockey. All these hot prospects on the up and up with the Sabres and we can't see them develop is really getting to me.

Now that the Bills are done (bummer), the city of Buffalo will really miss its hockey now!

You'd think salvaging the sport would be the thing on everyone's mind (owners and players), but it's clearly not about that. It all comes down to money, and it makes little difference to either side what shape the league is in. After all, it's been on the decline for years, and the greedy bums on both sides have continued to cash in.

As for having a season, I'm almost of the opinion that at this point the league should take some time off, get things settled, and then come back in another year or so touting itself as a changed sport that's more exciting and more fun and more about the fans and all that crap. All it would take is a strong ad campaign and a few small miracles at the NHL-NHLPA CBA negotiations.

• 3 weeks later...

Well ya know... there is one more slight hope. The leauge proposal better pull this through. but i fear that if the CAP is still present then i think this one is done folks... oh well theres alway the Amerks and after that... Nascar B-)

Archived