'Knee Jerk' reactions on winners and losers today?

deluca67

Winners:

Islanders - Smyth earns them a playoff spot.

Flyers - They seem to be getting it right.

Pens - Some grit to go with the flash.

Losers:

Atlanta - Overpaying for marginal help.

Panthers - The Luongo trade is now the worst in NHL history.

Bills - 25 million for a back up lineman. Ya gotta love Marv.

Winners:

Islanders - Smyth earns them a playoff spot.

Flyers - They seem to be getting it right.

Pens - Some grit to go with the flash.

Losers:

Atlanta - Overpaying for marginal help.

Panthers - The Luongo trade is now the worst in NHL history.

Bills - 25 million for a back up lineman. Ya gotta love Marv.

Winners:

1. Flyers: Now have a starting goalie, added good young talent as well

2. Islanders: Ryan Smyth can be a difference maker, too bad our GM could not be more aggressive there but oh well

3. Lightning: O'Brien was a great pickup, entire team in-tact makes them a threat

Losers:

1. Oilers- Jerk around with Smyth, but it was ok to give guys like Hemsky an extenstion and turn your back on the heart and soul of your team? Lowe should be fired tonight.

2. Ducks- Brad May to save the day? Not exactly.

3. DeLuca- Crusades and negative propaganda over at twobillsdrive is now falling on deaf ears.

Isles D is still suspect IMO. I do think that Garth Snow has been one of the better GMs this season, as much as I hate to admit it. As far as today/right before the deadline goes, here's my take:

Winners:

Philadelphia - Finally they have a sane general manager who is stockpiling prospects. Plus they get Biron, and for some reason I think he'll sign there as well. They are using the Sabres as the model I am quite sure...you'd think more teams would catch on. Anyway, they snag some picks plus great prospects in Upshall, Parent, and Coburn.

Dallas - Gets rid of Modry and brings in Norstrom(who I wish we could have gotten). Also gets Nagy and doesn't give up a whole lot. They made smart moves to strengthen their weak spots. If Turco can shake off the playoff disasters in the past, look out.

San Jose - Great pickups in Guerin and Rivet. I have seen a decent amount of Sharks games this year, and that team is very good.

Losers:

Montreal - Way to pick up yet ANOTHER goaltender. So they have Huet(IR), Aebischer, Halak, Danis, and now Leighton(who by the way I feel bad for, I mean it's what his 5th team in a little over a season?) They did nothing to show they are determined to make the playoffs.

Anaheim - Lots of names out there linked to them in rumors, and all they get is Brad May? Still a force in the west, but you have to wonder why they didn't add to the team. They could have used a scoring winger.

Phoenix - Because any team stuck with Jeremy Roenick for the rest of the season has to be a loser.

In the end, you can throw Atlanta onto the losers list, because they aren't going to win the cup and they tossed out former first rounders like Coburn and Bourret, not to mention a first and second round pick in the Tkachuk deal. Don Waddell will be fired in the offseason, as he should have been after the Olympics last year when he failed to name Ryan Miller to the team. That's just idiotic.

Archived