Miro Moment?

Corp000085

I was watching the shootout after the philly game on itunes (yes, i'm pimping those podcasts again... i absolutely love them) and when sylvester was going over the highlights, he mentioned the "miro moment" when pomenville scored the empty netter. Did i hear correctly? Have they been mentioning "miro moments" throughout the season? If i did hear correctly, this is awesome!

I was watching the shootout after the philly game on itunes (yes, i'm pimping those podcasts again... i absolutely love them) and when sylvester was going over the highlights, he mentioned the "miro moment" when pomenville scored the empty netter. Did i hear correctly? Have they been mentioning "miro moments" throughout the season? If i did hear correctly, this is awesome!

I heard that too. I must admit I'm not 100% sure of the meaning, although I think it's a reference to Miro getting a bunch of his goals either into empty nets or otherwise at non-meaningful moments of the game.

I have no idea whether that is a statistically fair criticism of Miro, although I am glad we didn't re-sign him.

Go Sabres.

I think the knock on Miro had more to do with the zeal with which he scored empty-netters. He did tend to look like a man possessed when he spotted the gaping cavity... sort of like a drunk frat boy eyeing up a naked Britney Spears.

You know what -- I miss the guy. I loved some of his goal celebrations. A bit of personality on a defensive-minded team in a defensive era of NHL hockey. And when Ingrid got rolling during the anthems, my back fillings would often vibrate, dislodging old food particles, which was nice. I once rediscovered a piece of pork from New Year's Day 1995.

Two gross-out jokes. I should stop while I still have some dignity.

Guest visitor

Rob Ray in tonight's "Shootout" took another jab at Miro. There was a quote from Miro that said he is finally with a coach that knows how to use him. Razor responded to that be saying something like "Well we all appreciate the fact you are gone too."

Pretty clear that his former teamates had no time for the guy.

Rob Ray in tonight's "Shootout" took another jab at Miro. There was a quote from Miro that said he is finally with a coach that knows how to use him. Razor responded to that be saying something like "Well we all appreciate the fact you are gone too."

Pretty clear that his former teamates had no time for the guy.

I was just typing that and saw that you made the point. Pretty telling, considering Ray was his teammate for 5 or so years.

PA, nice Ingrid Smolinska reference. hehe. Speaking of anthem singers, whatever happened to Keisha Adamczyk. I always got a laugh out of a black girl having a Polish last name. hehe. She blossomed into a little hottie right before our eyes!

I'm glad Miro's gone as well...but the year he pumped in 40 he was lethal. He scored a goal that year against Arturs Irbe of Carolina where he skated in, faked Irbe so Irbe moved to his right, then Miro started to skate behind the net and tapped the puck in. It was the most amazing thing I'd seen to that point.

PA, nice Ingrid Smolinska reference. hehe. Speaking of anthem singers, whatever happened to Keisha Adamczyk. I always got a laugh out of a black girl having a Polish last name. hehe. She blossomed into a little hottie right before our eyes!

I'm glad Miro's gone as well...but the year he pumped in 40 he was lethal. He scored a goal that year against Arturs Irbe of Carolina where he skated in, faked Irbe so Irbe moved to his right, then Miro started to skate behind the net and tapped the puck in. It was the most amazing thing I'd seen to that point.

Keisha was great! Haven't thought of her in a while. Then there was that one night when her voice seemed to change -- I didn't think that happened to girls. I'm not sure she was ever heard from again.

I've totally lost track of who sings the anthems now. They don't play it on the radio.

does henry pendleton still perform in his tux?? or the bald guy that points to the crowd? i forget his name.

when i was at the philly game he was singing... he did a really good job actually... however nothing special or extraordinary.

Archived