2 ESPN.com Sabres Articles

topshelfcookies

Couple more articles on espn.com regarding the Sabres...figured I'd pass 'em along.

Extended Q & A with Tim Connolly:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...avid&id=2316640

ESPN.com also linked to a story in Hockey News regarding the Sabers being underdogs:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?p...reenshots060202

Gotta love the press this team has been getting recently!

"Looking for a team that's overcome adversity? Look no further. Co-captain and key offensive cog Daniel Briere is gone for the regular season after a sports hernia operation. The same injury kept J.P. Dumont out of the lineup for more than two months. And now Tim Connolly, who has scored a few of the NHL's prettiest goals this year, will miss the next two months with a knee injury."

Do they know something we don't about Briere? I'm thinking they're wrong on the Briere thing... hopefully.

"Looking for a team that's overcome adversity? Look no further. Co-captain and key offensive cog Daniel Briere is gone for the regular season after a sports hernia operation. The same injury kept J.P. Dumont out of the lineup for more than two months. And now Tim Connolly, who has scored a few of the NHL's prettiest goals this year, will miss the next two months with a knee injury."

Do they know something we don't about Briere? I'm thinking they're wrong on the Briere thing... hopefully.

I think this is a typical case of a reporter not doing due diligence about the severity of the injury. Either that or maybe they do know something we don't. I thought Briere was expected back by March.

I think this is a typical case of a reporter not doing due diligence about the severity of the injury.  Either that or maybe they do know something we don't.  I thought Briere was expected back by March.

I think you're right...it's simply a case of a national reporter not doing his homework. From all I've heard there's no way that Briere will be back before the Olympics, but is still on schedule for a return in early March.

Also, Connolly has been fitted for a knee brace and will be starting to skate soon...I found this out through one of Tim's extended family members who lives on my street.

Also, Connolly has been fitted for a knee brace and will be starting to skate soon...I found this out through one of Tim's extended family members who lives on my street.

I was a little troubled to read, in the Connolly interview, that timmy was referring to his injury as a ligament "tear". This was the first time I've heard it not referred to as a "sprain". I'm no MD, but that concerns me. We need him back 100% to make a deep run in the playoffs.

Archived