Are We Just Getting Our Hopes Up?

PTS

For two weeks, we're being preached at by the Sabres that they are finally in a NHL that they can compete in financially and what's the first big move they do ...

They cut their best offensive weapon who scored 30+ goals for 6 or 7 seasons. They cut him before a season that will feature more room for skilled players, more power plays and shoot-outs. And then they cut him for apparent financial reasons. What a bunch of BS.

I don't get it, do they think they can find someone just as good or better for a cheaper price? I really doubt that the likes of Modanos and Naslauds will even look at Buffalo as a place to play.

This is just a stupid move and it makes me wonder how willing the Sabres are to winning this season.

For two weeks, we're being preached at by the Sabres that they are finally in a NHL that they can compete in financially and what's the first big move they do ...

They cut their best offensive weapon who scored 30+ goals for 6 or 7 seasons. They cut in before a season that will feature more room for skilled players, more power plays and shoot-outs. And then they cut him for apparent financial reasons. What a bunch of BS.

I don't get it, do they think they can find someone just as good or better for a cheaper price? I really doubt that the likes of Modanos and Naslauds will even look at Buffalo as a place to play.

This is just a stupid move and it makes me wonder how willing the Sabres are to winning this season.

i agree so much... I can see getin rid of Biron through buyout or trade, but you don't the only true offensive weapon you have on a defensive system

Guest SABRES_SHMELNIK_LIKE_ZHITNIK

They cut their best offensive weapon who scored 30+ goals for 6 or 7 seasons. They cut in before a season that will feature more room for skilled players, more power plays and shoot-outs. And then they cut him for apparent financial reasons. What a bunch of BS.

Buffalo Sabres = 20 million dollar Tax write-off

Sad fact for the truth.....

Also,

As long as Darcy is the GM of this team, forget ever winning a cup!

Also,

yeah, i wonder how many cups the sabres would have won if darcy hadn't let richard shmelnik go... oh the posibilities!

Also,

and how many Cups have they won without Darcy as GM? He might not be the best GM in the league but looking at the hand he's been dealt I give him more than a passing grade. Yes, I'm angry he let Satan but will have to see how the rest of the offseason goes before I go calling for a new GM.

Archived