I have a confession to Make

gregkash

Guys, I have a confession.

I'm getting excited. Like spine tingling, anticipation, full out can't wait to see what happens excited. I will admit, like many, I was skeptical this offseason. I've been a Sabres fan my whole life and when we did next to nothing this offseason I was questioning why? I thought Teppo was washed up. I didn't think we'd have an offense. I thought our goaltending was questionable.

We got off to a good start. I've seen this before.. the good start, into a full out free fall only to pull it all together in the second half to fall one point out of a playoff spot but tease me enough with the progress they've made to give me hope for the next season. It seems like every year is like this with Buffalo. And so, I stayed reserved.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BUFFALO TEAM PLAY LIKE THIS.

This is special. This is proof, that teamwork, will always win. When I played Youth Hockey, (Amherst Lightning ALL THE WAY) our coach challenged anyone to outrace a series of passes down the ice. Naturally, no one could. That is what this team is. There are no superstars. Maybe in the making? Sure. But right now? no. There is a concept, there is an identity. There is a willingness to take a puck in the groin so that your linemate has a chance to score.

in 97 we were deemed the hardest working team in hockey. But we still lacked this extra something. in 99 we were heldfast by Hasek, and a good group of guys, and we got far, oh so far, but never did I feel like this.

i hope I am not speaking too soon. I've waited and waited for the fall. But everytime it seems like we slip, someone is there to help us stabalize. We lose our THREE TOP SCORERS, and people fill in the void. And I hope when this season is done that Paille's contributions are not forgotten.

But I digress.. there is something about this team, Ryan Miller, Briere, Drury, Roy, Hecht, there's something about these people. I truly think that if this team were from any other city they would not be where they are right now. They resemble the city. They're the blue collar people the people in Buffalo are. That's why they are winning the fan base back. In a large way...

My original intention was to talk about this team and it's play and where it could go, but i've kinda caught myself up in the feeling of having a team like this. I mean, anyone whose had to move like I did knows the sh!t we get for loving Buffalo. 4 Super Bowls, 2 Stanley Cups, more screwed up calls than anyone cares to remember.

Is this the team that breaks through? Maybe. Maybe not. But I damn proud of the way they play. The way they represent Buffalo.

yep im so proud of this team i picked up a new jersey the other night... went through hell and back to get it at the store... but i got it finally... blue and gold with lafontaine on the back... definalty worth it... im usually a nascar fan first... but the sabres are growing on me more and more.... i can't wait till the next game... the atmosphere at last nights game was electric.... this is what a long road trip and a win at home against a formal playoff rival can do... were one win away from buffalo erupting into full sabre mania...

Archived