OT: Lee Stempniak of the Blues

PTS

I wish the Sabres drafted him. I played with Lee at St. Francis High School back in 1999. He's a West Seneca native and since being recalled to St. Louis three games ago, he's got four goals and a shootout winner.

I was a senior when he was a sophomore. He didn't really stand out back then but you could tell he had raw talent. He's also one of the smartest people you'll ever meet, not to mention one of the nicest guys too.

Maybe one day Lee will get his dream to come play for the Sabres, I know he is a huge Sabres fan. We'd love him here as he personifies Buffalo.

The sad part is that Buffalo was on the board 2 picks after St Louis took Lee. If I remember correctly, Regier was on the record saying he would've taken Stempniak with that pick had he still been available. Even worse, the Sabres ended up drafting Tom Morrow instead, an absolute stiff.

Maybe you can refresh my memory on this one. I remember Lee being on the club varsity team his freshman year. That was a bit of a surprise because I don't remember any other freshman over the years making that team out of tryouts. If they were good, they'd bump them up to the Federation team right away, because the club league was pretty dirty. There was another kid in Lee's freshman class who did make the Federation team right away. Do you remember who that was?

edit: By the way, 2 goals and a shootout winner tonight. Impressive.

If I remember correctly, Lee was a sophomore when I was a senior. There was no freshman on our Fed team my junior (Lee's freshman) year. My senior year our goalie was a freshman and I can't remember his name for the life of me.

If I remember correctly, Lee was a sophomore when I was a senior. There was no freshman on our Fed team my junior (Lee's freshman) year. My senior year our goalie was a freshman and I can't remember his name for the life of me.

If my year books weren't 400 miles away, I would look up the kid's name. As for that goalie, I had lost track of those teams after my sophomore year (Lee's freshman year), so I have no clue who that was.

Archived