Paille is back in Rochester

sabres703

Peters.....Rob Ray what is the difference they both can't play

the reason for peters is to stop other teams from running our players and goalie. We have no players on our team that can rough it up other then peters and i am sure the coach doesnt want people like McKee fighting. It is called insurance so calm the f down and let him take the roster spot. He does have a purpose but you narrow minded fans who don't get it don't understand the darker side that has to be policed by the enforcer he is only their to fight and intimidate other teams into playing fairly in the playground.

from what i saw yesterday playing philly with pyatt he was holding his own... but i think if you put another big guy with gaustad and pyatt you could have a really potent line of big guys who can just bull there way to the front of the net... i think peters is just to slow to really be effective for pyatt and gaustad.

from what i saw yesterday playing philly with pyatt he was holding his own... but i think if you put another big guy with gaustad and pyatt you could have a really potent line of big guys who can just bull there way to the front of the net... i think peters is just to slow to really be effective for pyatt and gaustad.

That role is perfect for Adam Mair if he ever recovers from that concussion. That line was probably the best 4th line in the NHL right before Quiet broke his wrist.

I noticed (and heard Lindy say) that Kotalik got a few extra shifts with Pyatt and Gaustad in the last couple of games -- ie in place of Peters. I like that move.

BTW, I'm also totally OK with Peters dressing, at least until Connolly, Mair and/or Briere get back. TodKaz is absolutely right -- he's there as an insurance policy. Yes, Gaustat, McKee, Grier, etc. are tough and can fight if needed -- but I don't want any of those guys in the box for 5-10 minutes just b/c Boulton or McGrattan decides to start something.

I just don't think it's a big deal if Peters gets 5 shifts or so per game, esp. if Kotalik or Pominville (both of whom are really playing well right now) gets a few extra shifts out of it when Peters misses a shift.

Miller is awesome.

Go Sabres. Ottawa is going down.

the reason for peters is to stop other teams from running our players and goalie. We have no players on our team that can rough it up other then peters and i am sure the coach doesnt want people like McKee fighting. It is called insurance so calm the f down and let him take the roster spot. He does have a purpose but you narrow minded fans who don't get it don't understand the darker side that has to be policed by the enforcer he is only their to fight and intimidate other teams into playing fairly in the playground.

I know I'm being narrow minded(or at least that's what you're telling me), so explain to me how Peters is going to do something about a Sabre goalie being run when he has only dressed for 18 out of 50 games? Is he going to run down from the press box and onto the ice in his suit?

Peters has no place in the "new" NHL. Why in the world anyone would defend his place on this roster is beyond me, but to each his own.

I know I'm being narrow minded(or at least that's what you're telling me), so explain to me how Peters is going to do something about a Sabre goalie being run when he has only dressed for 18 out of 50 games?  Is he going to run down from the press box and onto the ice in his suit? 

Peters has no place in the "new" NHL.  Why in the world anyone would defend his place on this roster is beyond me, but to each his own.

Boulton ran Miller in the 2nd period on December 30. His next 2 shifts on the ice, Boulton was running away from Peters and was too busy running away to run Ryan again.

By the time the 3rd rolled around, I didn't notice Boulton on the ice anymore.

For 70+ games I will agree with you that Peters is worthless, but for the handful of games that the other team has a goon that WILL run our goalie, I want some cement-head like Peters in the lineup. Especially against Boulton because Peters broke Boulton in training camp last season and it sure seems to me that Boulton is afraid of him.

If Miller is injured by someone like Boulton or Brashear the Sabres darkhorse SC dreams just got darker.

Boulton ran Miller in the 2nd period on December 30. His next 2 shifts on the ice, Boulton was running away from Peters and was too busy running away to run Ryan again.

By the time the 3rd rolled around, I didn't notice Boulton on the ice anymore.

For 70+ games I will agree with you that Peters is worthless, but for the handful of games that the other team has a goon that WILL run our goalie, I want some cement-head like Peters in the lineup. Especially against Boulton because Peters broke Boulton in training camp last season and it sure seems to me that Boulton is afraid of him.

If Miller is injured by someone like Boulton or Brashear the Sabres darkhorse SC dreams just got darker.

I doubt Brashear even knows who Andjuice Peters is?

If you need a tough guy? Go out and get one who can play at least 5-10 minutes a game. If not? Protect your goalie like you score goals. Make it the job of everyone on the ice. Someone hits Miller then the first five guys there should be Sabres. If that doesn't work then run their goalie or superstar. If Boulton wants to hit Miller? Then spear Hossa so hard he pukes on the ice. ;)

Deluca you were really hitting the crack hard.....so what you are saying if they run Miller put out Hossa???lol :huh:

So when we take each other out who is left to play against ottawa????

And your answer is to get a player that can play and fight?? Like they just flow freely like a fountain of water????

I am not sure Deluca but what you are saying is let them spear our goalie instea of having some big ass guy to prevent it then go get their guy and spear him. So then what rep to we get for that and what players on buffalo are ready to get speared for your crazy theory???i can' believe some of the stuff people say on here????

DELUCA you say you believe in equality but yet you are for assaulting a player to the point of vomitting :huh:

Hopefully you never coach peewee :o

If Peters actually would have dressed more earlier on he would be sharper during the fights. He's the only guy on the team who can throw down with the heavyweights in the league. I don't know about the rest of you, but I really enjoy watching a good hockey fight. No matter what kind of NHL the league is trying to sell you, New, Old, Future, Telekenetic, there's nothing else in sport like a couple of hockey players agreeing to drop the gloves and get down to business. This discussion is half as bad as the retards that wanted to ban hip checks.

Deluca you were really hitting the crack hard.....so what you are saying if they run Miller put out Hossa???lol :huh:

So when we take each other out who is left to play against ottawa????

And your answer is to get a player that can play and fight?? Like they just flow freely like a fountain of water????

I am not sure Deluca but what you are saying is let them spear our goalie instea of having some big ass guy to prevent it then go get their guy and spear him. So then what rep to we get for that and what players on buffalo are ready to get speared for your crazy theory???i can' believe some of the stuff people say on here????

DELUCA you say you believe in equality but yet you are for assaulting a player to the point of vomitting :huh:

Hopefully you never coach peewee :o

Again Context and Sarcasim are two words you really need to look up. :lol:

Archived