Paille is back in Rochester

sabres703

I hope something is planned because now with Kalinen's injury, the only extra body the Sabres have is Noronen. I'm assuming this means they'll call up Novotny (if they haven't already).

I hope something is planned because now with Kalinen's injury, the only extra body the Sabres have is Noronen.  I'm assuming this means they'll call up Novotny (if they haven't already).

I'd rather they bring back Paetsch. If anybody else on D goes down during a game, we're in trouble.

This certainly amplifies the need for another solid defenseman.

I'd rather they bring back Paetsch. If anybody else on D goes down during a game, we're in trouble.

This certainly amplifies the need for another solid defenseman.

We have no extra skaters at all right now, and Andrew Peters is already playing. Unless they plan on using Mika as a F or D, they need to bring up one of each. I don't understand why they would even bother to send Paile down right now, especially since they just held the AHL all star game yesterday. The league must still have a few days off.

Everybody knows my stance on Peters, but WTF are Darcy and Lindy thinking. Paille can sleep walk through the game and still contribute more than Peters. :angry:

I know Peters has pictures of Lindy and Darcy together. It's time to pay him whatever he wants for the pictures and make him go away forever. ;)

Everybody knows my stance on Peters, but WTF are Darcy and Lindy thinking. Paille can sleep walk through the game and still contribute more than Peters. :angry:

I know Peters has pictures of Lindy and Darcy together. It's time to pay him whatever he wants for the pictures and make him go away forever. ;)

I can live with carrying Peters on the roster, but right now they only have 12 forwards and 6 defensemen. With 2 empty roster spots (possibly 3 if Kalinen is IR'ed), there is no excuse for this. Novotny better be called up before tonight's game.

I can live with carrying Peters on the roster, but right now they only have 12 forwards and 6 defensemen. With 2 empty roster spots (possibly 3 if Kalinen is IR'ed), there is no excuse for this. Novotny better be called up before tonight's game.

Shrader, you've mentioned bringing up Novotny twice. Why would they bring a forward up if they just sent a forward (Paille) down? If anything they need a defenseman to bring up in the stead of Kalinin going down.

Why Paille is going down is beyond me. Peters is a piece of crap.

Have roster spots been officially opened? I know Paille was sent down but that is only one spot. Maybe they are making a trade. Then again, weren't we all clamoring for Paille to be sent down so he could get some more ice time. Maybe they just want him to develop more? :unsure:

Shrader, you've mentioned bringing up Novotny twice. Why would they bring a forward up if they just sent a forward (Paille) down? If anything they need a defenseman to bring up in the stead of Kalinin going down.

Why Paille is going down is beyond me. Peters is a piece of crap.

Hecht is currently playing center, which isn't his natural position. I've read several comments that Lindy is keeping a close eye on that situation, including faceoffs.

Inkman, the Sabres already had one free roster spot. They never called up anyone when Connolly was hurt. Now with Paille being sent down, that's 2 spots. Today's Buffalo News also said that Kalinen will probably be IR'ed. That would make 3 spots. Our only reserve right now is Noronen.

Hecht is currently playing center, which isn't his natural position.  I've read several comments that Lindy is keeping a close eye on that situation, including faceoffs.

Inkman, the Sabres already had one free roster spot.  They never called up anyone when Connolly was hurt.  Now with Paille being sent down, that's 2 spots.  Today's Buffalo News also said that Kalinen will probably be IR'ed.  That would make 3 spots.  Our only reserve right now is Noronen.

They didn't call anyone up because Pyatt came off IR at roughly the same time.

With Paille down, they have 1 free spot. When Kalinen is IR'd that will be 2.

They didn't call anyone up because Pyatt came off IR at roughly the same time.

With Paille down, they have 1 free spot. When Kalinen is IR'd that will be 2.

12 forwards

7 defensemen (including Kalinen)

3 goalies

22 players. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the roster max 24?

Thanks for the insights Guest. So would you care to elaborate on how Peters is more valuable being in the lineup instead of Paille or Novotny?

I'd rather play short handed then have Peters in the lineup.

By the way. Who can I sue to get the 5 minutes of my life back stolen from me by watching the Peters vs. Boulton fight. I've seen better fights at Wegmans between two old hags over a dozen eggs.

Back to the point. I wonder if Briere is closer to coming back then anyone thinks? That or a trade is the best case senario.

I'd rather play short handed then have Peters in the lineup.

By the way. Who can I sue to get the 5 minutes of my life back stolen from me by watching the Peters vs. Boulton fight. I've seen better fights at Wegmans between two old hags over a dozen eggs.

Back to the point. I wonder if Briere is closer to coming back then anyone thinks? That or a trade is the best case senario.

DeLuca, you very funny man!

As for Briere, I thought I heard that he is skating with the team which would probably put him about 3-4 weeks away. Getting him, Connolly (who I heard would be back closer to 6 weeks than the 8), and (hopefully) a defenseman for Marty, and the team will be in good shape for the stretch run.

Everyone keeps knocking Peters in his antiquated roll. Has anyone noticed that Peters holds his own when given a chance and often is involved in scoring oppourtunities? Yeah, there are much better players, but he can play at an NHL level.

Peters holds his own when given a chance and often is involved in scoring oppourtunities?

Really?? Peters involved in scoring chances? If he was half the player that you just described he would be getting more than his standard 2-3 minutes of ice time per game(that's assuming he is even dressed for the game). He's a big lumbering no talent goon, nothing more, nothing less.

Archived