Is This Guy Serious?

PTS

I wonder if he's ever heard of Ryan Miller? I tried to e-mail him but there was no link anywhere on the SI.com website.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ....nhl/index.html

What a moron, sorry in advanced for forwarding everyone to stupidity.

I hate to harp on this issue but what happened to Miller was an injustice. The guy should have been picked. The injury excuse is BS because they picked other players that were injured even longer than Ryan.

I want him to get that "playoff" experience in the olympics so he'll be ready come NHL playoffs, and simply put Miller is Team USA's ONLY chance at even sniffing a medal.

I hope Peters plays tomorrow and just runs Esche over, that is if Esche is even the starter anymore.

There is a link right in the article where you can send him questions or comments.

Sorry, the stupidity of that article ozzed thru my computer.

I sent him a quick e-mail

Hey Allan, my name is Ryan and I play goalie for the that NHL team in Buffalo. Oh, and I'm American too.

Sincerely,

Ryan Miller

ouch ryan doesn't even get an honourable mention.... that hurts... im sorry but tim thomas will last about as long as a fart in the wind... Miller is consistant and here to stay for a long time... he should be the team usa starter... however im canadian so im pretty much forced to cheer for canada.

playing devils advocate... thomas' numbers in his short stint are better than miller... plus three wins were over OTT, PHI, ANA... then again his other three were WSH, WSH, and ATL...

just throwing this out there for those that didn't look his stats up

playing devils advocate... thomas' numbers in his short stint are better than miller... plus three wins were over OTT, PHI, ANA... then again his other three were WSH, WSH, and ATL...

just throwing this out there for those that didn't look his stats up

He has only started 9 games. Granted, Miller did not have a ton of starts when the rosters came out, but it's much more likely that Taylor is a fluke. Miller is 25, right around the age when most goalies really start to play at an elite level. Taylor is 31, so it is much more likely that he is not developing into a great player. Besides I think Miller has proven he should have been on the team since he has continued to put up great numbers. Taylor doesn't have enough games played yet for me to believe he is really as good as his stats indicate. It's much more likely that he is on a hot streak and will come back down.

Is the American team really that hurting for Goalies (or do they really hate the Sabres that much) that their best replacement at goalie would be a 31 year old with 9 starts this year and spent the majority of his career in the AHL?

I say let the US team send him, Miller can rest for those couple of weeks and laugh when the US team gets beat every game (j/k)

I will give him some credit, he shutout a struggling senators team and has been facing 40+ shots a game (Luongo type numbers)

Who really gives a flying f**k. Let the US team go there with #%^$#! for goaltenders and let Miller rest up during the break. I could care less if any Sabres are in the Olympics.

I'm sorry, i'm bitter. I hate the olympic break. I'm having enough of a problem now waiting for the next game...and the break is gonna make me wait a few weeks. Minor leaguers should be in the games anyway.

Who really gives a flying f**k. Let the US team go there with #%^$#! for goaltenders and let Miller rest up during the break. I could care less if any Sabres are in the Olympics.

I'm sorry, i'm bitter. I hate the olympic break. I'm having enough of a problem now waiting for the next game...and the break is gonna make me wait a few weeks. Minor leaguers should be in the games anyway.

Even though Team USA is not going to win a medal, I am still looking forward to the Olympics. I like the bigger ice surface. IMHO the style of play is more exciting. I am especially looking forward to watching Ovechkin with all that extra room to work with.

Guest Mikeleelop

My email to Allan Muir

Hometown

St. Catharines, Ontario

Question

Have you heard of Ryan Miller, he plays goal for the Buffalo Sabres and is American. I hear he is having a great year, not a great month by a journeyman backup goalie. What have you been smoking?

he replied to my email today. seems like a decent guy anyway. he may not know much about hockey but ....

Hey, Miller should have been one of the original three chosen. That said, Thomas' style and experience makes him a better choice for a short tournament. Remember, it's not about who is the better NHL goalie, it's about who can bring the qualities needed to succeed in this format. Remember Ray Leblanc in 92?

Thanks for reading, Al

PS: It's not the smoking, it's the booze...

Guest boston billiever

He definitely must have heard from a lot of Miller supporters about his article, because he wrote basically the same response back to me. Don't really understand his point about Thomas' "experience"....

My email to him:

Seriously... Tim Thomas for Turin? Please tell me you wrote this

article solely for the opportunity to throw some alliteration into an

article. If there is one goalie that Team USA needs to add to its roster,

it's Ryan Miller of the Sabres. He's 5th in the NHL in GAA and 4th in

Save %.

Sure Thomas has looked good over the last nine games, but you

can't honestly believe this is within his true abiliities over the long

haul. Thomas is going to come back to earth within the next week while

Ryan Miller will continue his consistant outstanding play to lead the

Sabres deep into the postseason. Unfortunately for him and the USA, he

won't be given the chance to do the same in Turin.

His response:

Adam,

You're right--Miller should have been one of the original three. That

said, Thomas' style and experience makes him a better choice for a short

tournament. Remember, it's not about who is the better NHL goalie, it's

about who can bring the qualities needed to succeed in this format.

Remember Ray Leblanc in 92?

Thanks for reading, Al

Archived