GREAT WIN!! But I think the time is NOW

navybillsfan

Great win but a very sloppy one....

I think it would be good if Darcy pulls a trade here soon and get some more D up here. We are showing that all those hurt key are taking effect.... This team will all be together for the playoffs which is SCARY!!!!

Lots of Sabre fans there tonight! Nice to see!!!

We cant play D like this against Philly or the Sens, those are MUST win games for us.

Good to see JP get a goal!! Welcome back!

:) What are the odds that Hasek has a "slight injury" and won't play in Buffalo on Saturday. He knows that fans will be all over his skinny Czech ass and will get him off his game. I hope we smoke Ottawa, but I'd take a 2-1 win.

If we beat Ottawa Saturday, I am going to be added to the injured list with a pulled groin.

Exactly. If Hasek doesn't play Saturday, it won't be because of a fear of a loss or because of a fear of the fans. If he doesn't play, it actually may be out of respect--some of you might remember how Scotty Bowman was always on a "scouting mission" when the Sabres played the Canadiens.

I think it would be good if Darcy pulls a trade here soon and get some more D up here. We are showing that all those hurt key are taking effect.... This team will all be together for the playoffs which is SCARY!!!!

We cant play D like this against Philly or the Sens, those are MUST win games for us.

Things are going great...I've got an idea...let's mess with it! Sorry, I see no need to tinker with success, especially when we will be picking up some talent (Briere) when he get's back from injury. They're winning! What's wrong with that?

PTR

Things are going great...I've got an idea...let's mess with it! Sorry, I see no need to tinker with success, especially when we will be picking up some talent (Briere) when he get's back from injury. They're winning! What's wrong with that?

PTR

Nothing wrong with winning, but we're still pretty thin on D, as we have been all this season.

Now, it's worked out so far, but I have to think that the thin D will come back to haunt us, unless Darcy does something to adress the situation.

Regular season and playoffs are very different things, just ask The Senators.

PTR

Dont get me wrong, its a great win PTR, but there are gaps.....

This team CAN win now and win a cup now. There are 2-3 pieces needed. We dont know how long its going to take Briere to get into game shape, and when he comes back, its already playoff time.

This month is do or die for the Sabres! Philly, Sens, Leafs, Habs and Florida. We need to win 3 of the 5!

We need some help on D and we need one more center or winger

I'm not sure what you mean by "must win"?

The next two games will be a chance for the Sabres to measure themselves against the other top teams but the season doesn't hinge on those two games.

I would like to see the Sabres improve on the blueline and maybe get a little tougher upfront. But by no means should they panic and rush into anything. If there is a deal to be made I'm sure it will be done. I am at this point 100% against giving anything but a mid round draft pick for any rent a player. Let the young kids keep playing. Picking up a player like Dead I mean Doug Weight does nothing for this team. I don't feel Carolina is any more of a threat then they were before.

Exactly, they are professionals. That's why they don't hit the panic button and trade when the team has a bit of a slump.

highly agreed...clearly what we have is working... injuries or not... so why not leave it be... im not to worried... is anybody else... tradeing for someone just to give the fans a new name to put on the back of their jerseys is stupid... Like the Leetch deal... so many leaf fans walking around with out dated jerseys... regardless... we don't need a rental player YET... if we did we would have had one by now because we would have been fighting for a playoff spot because the team couldn't handle it without being fully healthy... clearly this team can.... so yes lets not pull the trigger on a trade just yet.

highly agreed...clearly what we have is working... injuries or not... so why not leave it be... im not to worried... is anybody else... tradeing for someone just to give the fans a new name to put on the back of their jerseys is stupid... Like the Leetch deal... so many leaf fans walking around with out dated jerseys... regardless... we don't need a rental player YET... if we did we would have had one by now because we would have been fighting for a playoff spot because the team couldn't handle it without being fully healthy... clearly this team can.... so yes lets not pull the trigger on a trade just yet.

Don't get me wrong, if the right deal comes along, by all means take it...but until then, we are fine for now. I do think we need some help on the blueline before the playoffs. But I would rather Darcy take his time and make the right move.

Archived