About This Club

Respectful discussion on all areas of politics both in the United States and the World.

United States
  1. What's new in this club
  2. Every time I see this thread title, I think of Britney Spears singing whoops I did it again.
  3. I didn't share this tweet in the main forum, but I thought about it:
  4. I cannot imagine Iran really believed that a proxy war using Houthi’s would be successful in any way. I wonder their endgame?
  5. U.S. sinks Houthi boats. https://abcnews.go.com/amp/International/us-navy-sinks-3-houthi-boats-attacking-merchant/story?id=106016731
  6. Tuberville is an abject moron and ignoramus. Who can forget his masterful grasp of our system of government when he declared the three branches were the House, the Senate, and the Executive. And while it’s concerning that unqualified idiots like him, MTG, Boebert and others get elected to office, they are only a symptom of the electorate that puts them there. And that is downright scary.
  7. Trump tapped into a certain type of charismatic populism that drew in people who were looking for something different, Vivek seems like he is trying to ride that same wave, but Trump has such a grip on his base that Vivek isn’t going to gain a foothold. At least not anytime soon.
  8. The Commandant of the Marine Corps suffered an apparent heart attack a couple days ago. Without an Assistant Commandant appointed, the duties fall to three star.
  9. Finally the GOP is calling out Tubberville. It's about time, this blanket hold nonsense is shameful and plays into our enemies hands. Pentagon has finally had it too.
  10. Iran keeps poking the bear with their piddly proxy “militias” in the region. So far, I like our measured responses like taking out munition depots in Syria and meeting their charged, heated rhetoric with calm and simple statements about not wanting the conflict to escalate and reserving our right to protect our troops and interests in the region all while inserting additional troops and military assets into the theater illustrating our full intention to do so. People like Ramasmarmy need to understand that it’s our NATO allies as well as those in the Pacific that enable us to deploy such assets in order to meet potential threats.
  11. Would have to go look on telegram for this, but when one pops up again I will share it here. The estimates from the USA are usually lower than Great-Britain or Ukraine.
  12. Before he stepped down from managing his hedge fund in 2017, Robert Mercer was the largest contributor to the GOP and the biggest investors in that fund were Russian oligarchs, also known as Putin’s lackeys. Huge investments in the state of Kentucky by Russian oligarchs still sit on Moscow Mitch’s desk as he decides which candidates to dole it out to. Properties flipped to Russian oligarchs for tens of millions of dollars more than their purchase prices. It goes on and on. The anti NATO, anti democracy rhetoric was bought and paid for by Putin and he’s getting his money’s worth. Opportunist or not, Ravasmarmy is toeing the Russian line. And it’s dangerous.
  13. I have felt for some time now that a number of folks on the GOP side have been compromised by Russia. I don’t know ***** about Vivek, but I surmise that he is more likely just an opportunist.
  14. Saying that leaving NATO is “reasonable” is beyond irresponsible, especially in today’s geo-political climate. I can only surmise that, like Cheeto Doosh, Ramasmarmy is well funded by Russian oligarchs, is clueless about world history, doesn’t follow current events, and doesn’t give two craps about preserving American democracy. And this is what passes for a presidential candidate?
  15. We are engaged in a shadow war with Iran at the very least. Iran-backed rebels in Yemen thought they’d launch a few cruise missiles at Israel but they were easily destroyed by our anti missile batteries aboard a couple navy destroyers already in the Red Sea. Dozens of A-10 Warthogs arrived in the region, ostensibly to take out the hundreds of Iranian missile and heavily armed gunboats massed on the Lebanese coast if they should decide to attack the fleet in the Eastern Mediterranean. Not to mention the all the other assets we have in the region.
  16. Those 100000 + since 2014 by Ukraine itself, russian losses are estimated by Great-Britain too.
  17. Ukraine military already lost 100.000 + soldiers, Russia probably lost over 300.000 + Civilian casualties in Ukraine probably around 50.000 easy already but more if you count the war started in 2014.
  18. that marines add in between periods made me think, damn WWIII must be coming if they start making adds like that. Gave me this vibe
  19. I think China would definitely want a “peaceful” reunification. The power vacuum in the Middle East post U.S. GWOT is probably enticing to them as they continue to expand their reach/influence. Any way to divert U.S. assets and attention is a win for Russia and China IMO. Nice post BTW!
  20. China is the happiest now, they want some parts of Siberia badly, already imported a good amount of Chinese population to give Russia the Ukraine treatment and say its Chinese anyway. But its easier when Russia already lost 400k + soldiers. It would also free up part of the ocean USA/japan can not block when they invade Taiwan.
  21. True, I do think however that Russia is currently overextended in Ukraine and will find it difficult to offer much support. That said however, I am sure they can supply arms shipments to the middle east which might be all the support some actors need. If other Muslim majority countries decide Israel's response is too much, then it gets escalated. Egypt, Syria, and Iran are the big ones I am thinking of with Saudi Arabia another name to watch. All of them could stand by though and I know Egypt at least has tried to open a humanitarian corridor to Gaza with US help. The question I see in all this is China. China is not overextended in another conflict. Who's side they ultimately want to support and how they show that support is of great interest. As a global power, China has the means and ability to change the game so to speak in the region. That said, they may not find it in their interest to interfere openly but they could tie up US assets through subtle supplies to enemies and then use this conflict to take the long awaited steps for reunification with Taiwan. That said, my understanding of the Taiwan situation is that China would not be ready to invade until the early 2030's and would prefer a more peaceful solution (like getting a pro China government elected and then just absorbing Taiwan). Board is set and the pieces are moving.
  22. Looks like Coup planner Jim Jordan is going to be the next speaker of the house. He has never passed a bill in his entire time in congress. He refused a congressional subpoena and is not the brightest bulb. The GOP is no longer a functional political party. I thought that when they ousted Liz Cheney but sadly this is where we are at.