About This Club

Respectful discussion on all areas of politics both in the United States and the World.

United States

1. What's new in this club
  2. SABRES 0311

Democratic Presidential hopefuls and your thoughts

Other than maybe Biden are there any other Dem candidates we should look out for?
  3. Eleven

Pope Francis implicated

It's the statutes of limitation in each state.
  4. SABRES 0311

Pope Francis implicated

What I'm saying is in politics they bring up stuff decades old but the church tries to hide things. Kind of a Captain Obvious moment for me.
  5. Weave

Pope Francis implicated

Even in politics there are legal statutes of limitation. Emphasis on legal. There are no statutes of limitation on public opinion though, so I'm not sure of the point you are making.
  6. We don't need another retiree President. Berine, be an influencer of your party, not another geriatric politician.
  7. SABRES 0311

Pope Francis implicated

Isn’t it funny how in politics there’s no such thing as too long ago but with stuff like this they try to bury it.
  8. Well thank you guys for bringing me up to speed. Makes sense.
  9. New Scotland (NS)

Canada's Watergate

I am not anti-Trudeau, or pro-the other guys. This stuff happens in Canada, but not to this extent and not this much in public.
  10. New Scotland (NS)

Canada's Watergate

This 'scandal' is huge. The company is notoriously horrible and has been in hot water for corruption throughout it's past. The company is a huge lobbyist and pressured the Trudeau regime to put through (hidden in the fine print of a huge bill and no one caught it) a way for Federal prosecutors to make plea deals to avoid big penalties for corruption and fraud convictions at trial and enter pleas to lesser charges and pay fines instead. The company is in court now facing corruption and fraud charges for bribing officials to gain contracts in Libya. They went to the PMO to get them to have the AG of Canada instruct the Federal prosecutors on the case enter a plea deal. The PMO (allegedly) went to the AG and tried to convince her to instruct the prosecutors to do the deal (they report to her). The AG refused and was banished to the outer reaches of cabinet and then resigned. The highest ranking official and adviser to the PM just resigned. The story was broken by The Globe and Mail, which is the national newspaper in Canada and would not put it out if they did not feel that it was legit 100%. There are more questions than answers now, but this is huge. Ultimately, I do think it will be the end of Trudeau.
  11. Eleven

Pope Francis implicated

All the allegations are from far too long ago.
  12. LTS

Canada's Watergate

There's a line in one of the articles.. the third maybe? I'll quote it. This is a phrase that you see so often muttered in politics and, to me, is the most damning. "The messaging". I don't need messaging, I need the truth. Messaging is a function of marketing which is a function of spin. When you hear things like this it becomes abundantly clear, again, to me, that someone is shading the truth and playing the word game to avoid talking about reality. Heaven forbid something tarnish that JT polish though. He can talk about quantum computers you know. Given how many "news" items these days are nothing more than complex "messaging" campaigns, I find it hard to believe anything. Hell, I could say I find it hard to believe that his administration is guilty of it as well. I'm just waiting for some counter-message event to occur that throws the allegation into question and makes it appear as a collaborative creation to upset the current administration. In short.. who knows what to believe anymore.
  13. Politics. That's the reason. It plays well to be mad about someone else making the tougher decision to turn down what was sold as a major benefit for jobs and a community. I can applaud any politician who makes the tough decision and goes against popular opinion to do so. We're talking about a society that makes fiscal decisions with such intelligence that credit counseling is a lucrative business. We're the reason credit cards were invented. All they see is "so many jobs". What they fail to see is that the corporation still pays the same basic wage, pockets the additional revenue, and moves on. Meanwhile, you bring an extra 25k jobs into an area that is already overcrowded and what happens? Streets have to be changed. Housing costs go way up (as if they weren't already extremely high). There's a ton of other collateral damage that comes from it. If Amazon really wanted to make a difference, they could open their HQ2 in a place like Detroit or another area that could truly benefit from having a large portion of jobs created to help stimulate the economy. They could do it without all the tax incentives. As for the University of California comment, I have no knowledge of it nor can I see its application here other than to say the world is full of very stupid people and somehow they find a way to get their names into the headlines.
  14. Fair enough. Why are other Dems mad about it if it’s a better decision?
  15. My guess is they benefit by actually getting to keep there neighborhood that will still be filled with other businesses creating jobs and tax revenue, and not having to have a 4 city block completely automated warehouse that created about 20 jobs slinging plastic Chinese garbage to driverless trucks. Just a guess though.
  16. SABRES 0311

Canada's Watergate

Things are happening all over the world. Truths are coming and media is continuing to show they are propaganda. In a nut shell we are seeing the control of corrupt governments slowly eroding as truth comes to light. The way these people try to keep us distracted is through division by race, gender, religion, sexual orientation and class. Whenever something revealing is about to drop there is some incident. One example is when the Virginia Governor got caught doing blackface right after the abortion bills were signed. It’s all meant to distract. We also had an actor say he was attacked for being black and gay by “MAGA” supporters. That now looks very much like the actor (victim) set it up himself. Funny how he says they were wearing MAGA hats. I wonder what the point of that was. Media outlets in the U.S. and Europe write many articles trying to debunk leading conspiracy theories and are now trying to say how they are dangerous. Why so much attention if it’s only conspiracy theories? Both right and left do these things. We still never found those WMDs in Iraq but during those early years there was this color coded alert system to let Americans know the terror threat. They no longer have it on the news because it was meaningless accept to keep people in fear in order to further our campaigns. BTW we found precious metals in Afghanistan. What a coincidence. What you are seeing in Canada we are seeing here. Weaponizing of government agencies to target those who don’t go along, sexually predatory behavior of politicians, and lie after lie.
  17. New Scotland (NS)

Canada's Watergate

I just signed up to the club again to put this in here and see if anyone has any thoughts on it. +++++ Canadians are very easy going and tend to be rather lazy when digging for information. Our politicians and politics reflect this and there are not very many real scandals. Until now. Here are some links to the story ... https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gerald-butts-opposition-parliamentary-probe-1.5023941 https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/gerald-butts-1.5023925 https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-wilson-raybould-snc-lavalin-1.5021220 https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-wilson-raybould-attorney-general-snc-lavalin-1.5014271 This is huge and it is not going away. In fact, every day it just is worse and worse for our Prime Minister. This could very well be his undoing.
  18. SABRES 0311

U.S. Indo-Pacific Foreign Policy

Actual in person meetings to try for stability. Not saying he will succeed but strategic patience has led to years of nuclear testing and development. As brutal as KJU is he is the leader of that country and hopefully down the road those people will know a better life. Yes we have only met with them once but that leads to another and another. The old way leads to war. If it comes to that so be it but the men and women who go should know we tried something.
  19. LGR4GM

See what through? He hasn't done anything other than meet with them once. What are we seeing through?
  20. My question is how did the people of that district benefit? The whole dynamic of our country got weird in a hurry. Kid at the University of California said he’d cut his penis off if one mile of wall was built. Really buddy, you are racking up loan debt and that’s what you learned about how to take a stand? We have Amazon who would’ve got tax breaks to create jobs but we don’t want that because big corporations are bad. Meanwhile these same people use big company social media to broadcast their views. What??? Someone please tell me what is the end goal for our society. What is life like for the American family and how do we get there?
  21. I think people were onboard with Amazon HQ2 until the number $1.2B was thrown out there with regards to the tax breaks they were getting. That's pretty damn significant for a company of Amazon's stature. It's not a healthy way to try and grow. But that's a different topic. I do agree with the media influence. If only media were truly unbiased. I've not found a single unbiased one yet. Even NPR, who people like to point to, has a pretty clear agenda. At least in much of their news programming.
  22. It's getting to be time... where candidates from parties rip each other apart, then only 1 wins and suddenly their former opponents are the greatest thing ever. Bernie... sigh.
  23. SABRES 0311

Democratic Presidential hopefuls and your thoughts

Bernie Sanders announces his candidacy for 2020. IMO he is currently the best chance the DNC has because of the support he likely maintains from 2016. The foundation is there where as the other Dems have to build their national support outside of their constituents. However, I think the old man is jumping the gun. The other Dems are building the lowest foundations of their base. At some point they will focus on each other. I think he’d be better off letting them establish their own messages and tear each other apart while avoid the political firing squad. Essentially skipping the side show, using his national support to gain access to prime time debates later and coming in later in the game while giving Dem opponents as little prep as possible. I have this feeling Biden is going to do the above. Call me crazy but I think he will pick Michelle Obama or Kamala Harris drops out and becomes his running mate.
  24. SABRES 0311

War is one way to do it but not necessarily North Korea versus someone. A civil war would create a power vacuum South Korea could fill. Their people are hungry and abused. The meetings could simply be Trump’s way of ensuring NK doesn’t do anything to hurt his polling numbers on NK. But it’s been so long since NK seemed to highlight the news hour. I think he really wants to see this through if for no reason than to show it can be done.
  25. Too many people take what Fox or CNN tells them and regurgitate it as their own thought. Now we have this weird thing starting from AOC’s area how feelings are as important as facts which is an excuse to lie. Oh look I’m mad at big, evil, scary corporations so let’s not allow Amazon to open a HQ. People don’t need those jobs.
  26. It's certainly not the best there is to offer. But why do people go into politics in the first place? It's not a well paying job, in theory. Sure, it's better in salary than a lot of jobs out there, but the people who enter politics (many lawyers, etc.) are talented enough to make good money in a different profession. There aren't a lot of electricians or line workers going into politics. The real money of politics is, of course, not in the salary. It's in all the stuff that surrounds it. It's those surroundings that corrupt everything. It's just clear that while so many people, at least in my circles, seem to be aware of the issue, there are far too many who are living each day oblivious to their world or at the very least so misinformed and sold on it that they don't want to know different.